Community discussions

matpan
just joined
Topic Author

hAP mini - configure as simple switch with wireless AP

Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi

I'm trying to configure a hap Mini as a simple switch (so eth1 connected to ISP router with eth2 and eth3 connected to other devices) and wireless AP with routing and DHCP handled by ISP router. I have followed the instructions in this link:

viewtopic.php?t=119879#p715966

but when i then subsequently connect a laptop to eth2 (wired) or connect the laptop to the hap mini wireless the laptop has no internet access, no ip address with the subnet of the ISP router and i also can't access the hap mini via winbox via Mac address. If however i connect the laptop back to the ISP router/ISP wireless i can access the hap mini again via winbox with mac address.

Here's my configurtion:

Code: Select all

[admin@MikroTik] > /export
# jan/02/1970 01:50:22 by RouterOS 6.42.7
# software id = BKEZ-U2KK
#
# model = RB931-2nD
# serial number = 9475093F0606
/interface bridge
add fast-forward=no name=bridge1
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
add authentication-types=wpa-psk,wpa2-psk eap-methods="" management-protection=allowed mode=dynamic-keys name=profile1 supplicant-identity="" wpa-pre-shared-key=\
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX wpa2-pre-shared-key=Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] disabled=no mode=ap-bridge security-profile=profile1 ssid=MikroTik
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether2
add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan1
/ip dhcp-client
add dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no interface=bridge1
/system routerboard settings
set silent-boot=no
The instructions for this kind of a setup seem to be more or less the same with many posts but it doesn't seem to work! - Can anyone help as to what going wrong?

Thanks

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP mini - configure as simple switch with wireless AP  [SOLVED]

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 pm

Your bridge contains only ether2 and wlan1. Based on what you wrote, you want to add also ether1 and ether3.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

matpan
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP mini - configure as simple switch with wireless AP

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Your bridge contains only ether2 and wlan1. Based on what you wrote, you want to add also ether1 and ether3.
Thanks Sob, that's what was needed!