Community discussions

microtec
just joined
Topic Author

VPN

Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi, I have a PPTP VPN configured on my mikrotik router, all works fine and I can do ping to all the PC's except for one elastix server, if I do the ping on the mikrotik console I have response but if I do ping on a remote PC conected to the VPN I don't. The firewall on elastix server is disabled, I can conect to the VPN on a remote PC and enter to the router with winbox and then open the console and do ping to the elastix server and that works, but for example if I do ping on a remote PC conected to the VPN in a CMD console over windows I do not have response.

Steveocee
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VPN

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:05 pm

You are on a different network so cannot natively reach the "LAN". Try creating a NAT rule from your VPN IP range as the traffic is from the WAN to the router and won't naturally go into your LAN.
Steve "Steveocee" Carter
PC Gamer, Airsofter, MikroTik Nerd
My Website - My MikroTik Tutorials

microtec
just joined
Topic Author

Re: VPN

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:40 pm

You are on a different network so cannot natively reach the "LAN". Try creating a NAT rule from your VPN IP range as the traffic is from the WAN to the router and won't naturally go into your LAN.
Could you please help me creating that nat rule? The local ip on the vpn is 10.0.0.1 and the remote ip range is 10.0.0.2-10.0.0.20. The router network is 192.168.0.1/24. I want to reach 192.168.0.252. Thanks!