Community discussions

MikroTik App

delliott
just joined
Topic Author

Remote Winbox access blocked from IP Services IP auto fill in from address, How do i stop the auto config

Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 pm

I have multiple Mikrotik Routerbaords connected to LTE Routers(Internet Access). When i first setup the Winbox remote access, Everything works perfectly.
But later i find that i cannot access the Routerboard via Winbox. When i return to site to physically connect to the Winbox i find that the Winbox has auto updated the from addresses from with ip address which are unknown.So unless you have one of these addresses you are unable to connect. I remove these unknown ip addresses and the Routerboard can be remotely accessed. How does the from ip address get updated automatically. How can i stop this from happening? I only leave Winbox Services active and the default password has been changed.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Remote Winbox access blocked from IP Services IP auto fill in from address, How do i stop the auto config

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:43 pm

There was a winbox vulnerability present for quite a while which allowed remote user to use winbox service without knowing correct password (and username). You may want to check this thread to check if your problems are related ...