Community discussions

Raymondinio
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik RB4011 Initial setup cant access internet

Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:38 am

Hi I hope some one can keep this as simple as possible.I've just purchased the above to replace my draytek 2860 .I'm using a virgin media hub 3 in modem only mode due to its limitations as a router.I'm not exactly clued up with networking but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the set up right now .When its connected to the Draytek router it works I had no problem setting it up, Likewise the draytek to the virgin modem .I'm obviously missing something my existing router has a wan subsection which makes things a little easier.I've watched just about every video there is & still cant get it up & running .
Any help in doing things in the correct order would be a great help.
Is there anyone on here using a VM Hub in modem mode ?
The 4011 appeared to have everything I needed and the other associated hardware wall & ceiling mounted AP's are much cheaper too.

wja962
just joined

Re: MikroTik RB4011 Initial setup cant access internet

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:08 am

I’m using the RB4011 with the VM Business Hub but in modem mode it will be the same. If you look in quickset, it should be set to Router and Address Acquisition should be set to Automatic. That should be all you need.
MTCNA / MTCRE / MTCUME / MTCTCE / MTCIPv6E

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik RB4011 Initial setup cant access internet

Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 am

Please note: use quickset only to initially setup the device. Once you have filled in everything and hit the Apply button, never use it again unless it is to reset the configuration and start anew.