Community discussions

MikroTik App

NotWorkKing
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik HAP AC2 WebFig configuration unreachable

Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Hello,

I tried to install an MikroTik HAP AC2 as an WIFI AccessPoint in my network. The first time I logged on trough a wireless connection on 192.168.88.1 and landed on the WebFig configuration webpage.

The first settings I changed was adding WPA2 and a security key. Then I lost the connection and since then it is impossible to connect to the MikroTik.
My WIFI clients (laptop and phone) say there is a connection problem. When I attach a network cable between my laptop and the Mikrotik then it is still impossible to visit the WebFig configuration webpage.
I tried to reset the device with the reset button but nothing seems to happen. I can still see the SSID broadcasting and it requires a security key, but connecting fails. I conclude that the reset did not have any effect, because the default is open WIFI without security.

I am basically locked out from the device and it does not function. What can I do to restore the MikroTik to original state?
Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated!

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: MikroTik HAP AC2 WebFig configuration unreachable

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Switch off power to device, press and hold reset button and while doing this switch on power to device hold for approx 5 seconds , release reset button,

That should do the t

NotWorkKing
just joined
Topic Author

Re: MikroTik HAP AC2 WebFig configuration unreachable

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:47 am

Dear CZFan,

Thank you for your quick reply. I tried as you suggested, but it does not seem to work either.

From the MikroTik online manual:
How to reset configuration:

1) unplug the device from power

2) press and hold the button right after applying power

Note: hold the button for 5 seconds (USER LED will start flashing)

3) release the button to clear configuration.
I tried as you mentioned 'pressing the reset button before powering on and holding the button for 5 seconds'.
I also tried as mentioned in the manual 'pressing the reset button slightly after applying power and then holding it for 5 seconds'.
Unfortunately the USER LED never starts flashing on my MikroTik HAP AC2.

The device seems to start and after a while starts emitting its SSID beacon unaffected, because WIFI did not return to open unprotected state and it is impossible to land on the WebFig configuration webpage.
Could it be there is something broken? Is there any other way to reset the device?

NotWorkKing
just joined
Topic Author

Re: MikroTik HAP AC2 WebFig configuration unreachable  [SOLVED]

Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:38 am

I have found the problem why I can not reset the device. The reset button on the housing does not work!

When I take the PCB of the routerboad out of the plastic housing, then I can press the small reset button on the board directly. That does work and the device resets.

Apparently the housing is not entirely aligned with the board inside its housing because when I press the button on the housing I can feel a gentle 'click' but that is not enough for the internal reset button.
It is a bit annoying to take the device apart every-time I need to reset but at least now I know what caused the problem. Maybe I break the plastic button off the casing so I can press the internal reset button directly with a small pencil.