Community discussions

Rok1215
just joined
Topic Author

VPN connection drops VoIP connection

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:04 am

At our office, we've been having this problem for some time, and I haven't found a solution for it. Some of our employees have a work phone at home, that is a Samsung IP telephone, that establishes a VoIP connection to our Samsung OfficeServ phone server, at our office, and the connection has to go trough our MikroTik router. The VPN connection (L2TP/IPsec) is mostly used to access our NAS remotely. The problem occurs, whenever someone connects trough the VPN, their VoIP connection will be lost, and the phone will disconnect, and when you disconnect from the VPN, the phone will work normally again.
So I've tired the solution explained in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132823&sid=122d9438 ... 4cdeb3c280 but it did not help with this problem.
I'm not very experienced with MikroTik routers, so please bear with me.
For the IP Telephones to work, the following ports and NAT rules need to be opened and set:
6000 UDP = IP data SIP connection
9000 UDP = IP connection setup
30000-30030 = IP MGI channels

Does anyone have any ideas, as to how to configure the router, for it to distinguish the 2 different connections, the VPN one, and the VoIP one, and so that both can work at the same time.

Last bumped by Rok1215 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:04 am.