Community discussions

plesniak
just joined
Topic Author

mAP Lite connected through port 10 PoE from RB2011UiAS-2HnD - no IP recieved  [SOLVED]

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:14 pm

Hello,
I have RB2011UiAS-2HnD with WAN on port1. On port5 I have 24port switch. Every device I have is connected to the switch. All runs perfect. Recently I have bought mAP Lite to extend my WiFi signal. As I didn't plan it I had to connect it with PoE. I have connected a cable from patch panel to port10 on RB2011. mAP powered on but I can't access internet through it. When I log in on it I don't have IP assigned (from RB2011). mAP runs on default form the box configuration as WISP AP (automatic IP). Can anyone point me how to configure it so I have internet on it?

Thanks!

I was able to check my RB2011. All ports from 2-9 while connected to my laptop gets me internet access. When I connect my laptop to port10 it's not working. Looks like the port might be broken? Or I'm missing something in my configuration. Any help appreciated.

plesniak
just joined
Topic Author

Re: mAP Lite connected through port 10 PoE from RB2011UiAS-2HnD - no IP recieved

Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:58 pm

Looks like port 10 was forgotten and somehow out from the bridge configuration. I've added it to the bridge and everything works like it should.