Community discussions

emi
just joined
Topic Author

How to configure the VLANs - two trunk and one access port

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:38 am

Hello,

I'm a complete beginner in VLAN. I would like to configure my router as shown in the picture. Can anyone help me? And also MGMT vlan for access to devices. I don't know. :( Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to configure the VLANs - two trunk and one access port

Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:50 am

I recomend to start by reading this excellent tutorial. After you do it and still have troubles, come back with concrete questions.
BR,
Metod

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:39 pm

I sympathize with your endeavour. I have a similar setup and it took some time to get there. The article noted is excellent.
Once you have a start on a config for the router you can post the config for us to have a look at.
/export hide-sensitive file=yourconfigsep31 just make sure you put in fake Ip addresses for the public facing WANIP (the one from your ISP)

The 260GS switches are not the friendliest beasts IMHO. Once setup correctly they work fine but getting them there is bound to drive you a little nuts.
Again I can certainly share the knowledge I have of my setup if that help you with your efforts. No sense in doing that though until the router is configured properly.
By the way just because the word GURU is next to my name it doesn't mean I know jack sheite. :-)
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

mozerd
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:45 pm

By the way just because the word GURU is next to my name it doesn't mean I know jack sheite. :-)
You may not know jack sheite BUT IMO you're one very smart hombre :lol:

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:55 pm

You got that half right, according to my signif other....... smart ass!
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)