Community discussions

Quil
just joined
Topic Author

wAP 60Gx3 AP and wireless LAN

Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Hello,

I am trying to set up a mobile installation where I have one IP camera, one computer and one tablet connected on the same network. I need to capture the video on both the tablet and the computer, and also exchange some data between those two devices.. The computer and the camera will usually be next to each other and could be linked by an ethernet cable, but the tablet will be up to 100 m away and will require a wireless LAN.

I have purchased a wAP 60Gx3 AP and want to link the IP camera to the device with an ethernet cable, and then use the Wifi to connect the computer and the tablet. However, I am struggling with the settings required for such a setup. I can access the WebFig page on a browser when I use a cable to connect the PC and the access point, but I don't see any SSID generated

I was thinking of using a NanoStation 5AC, connect the camera to it with a cable and then connect to the WiFi of the nanostation with my computer and tablet. Do you think it would work or do you recommend any other Ubiquiti device for this installation?