Community discussions

iawgoM
just joined
Topic Author

Problem connecting two MikroTiks

Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:30 pm

I'd highly appreciate any help I could get. This is the situation of our (a bit complicated) network:

Office - RB951G-2HnD: 2 pcs - one in charge of Internet access and connection to SIP trunk, second one is in charge of LAN Internet access and local DHCP
Warehouse - LAN cable is going to the warehouse. Since it's big distance, it passes through some media converters via fiber, datacenter switch, and ends up in the warehouse.

Request: connect hAP ac lite in warehouse, use it as a switch for IP phones and as wireless access point for Internet connectivity of mobile devices.

Problem - I've connected hAP ac lite to that LAN cable in warehouse, and it just doesn't want to get IP from office router.

What I've done: I've tried No default configuration with creating bridge, attaching all ports (several times, sometimes one by one, sometimes all), creating DHCP Client in that bridge. Even tried both Quick set as WISP AP... It just doesn't want to communicate with office router. Even it says that interface ether1 is stopped, disabled... LED indicator on that port doesn't light. Tried changing to all other ports..nothing. Changed bunch LAN cables...no help. Tried changing all STP options...

IMPORTANT: when connecting ANY kind of device to that LAN cable, it gets proper LAN IP from DHCP (office RB951) and it has Internet access. So, cable is fine, connection is fine.
IMPORTANT #2: connecting warehouse LAN cable to a switch, and hap AC lite to the same switch - works properly - on any port! It's just that hAP ac lite has a problem with direct communication or something...

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem connecting two MikroTiks

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:07 am

Hap AC lite only has fast Ethernet ports(100Mb/s), what port is on media converter?
MTCNA, MTCTCE, MTCRE & MTCINE

iawgoM
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:10 am

Hap AC lite only has fast Ethernet ports(100Mb/s), what port is on media converter?
Oh...could be 1Gbps. That might cause this? Any solution if this is the case? I have tried disabling Auto negotiate, but only to lower it to 10... :/

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Either use media coverters (a pair probably) that properly supports autonegotiation (I'm not sure there are such things).
Or use 100Mbps media coverters.
Or use a (dumb) switch between 1Gbps media coverter and hAP ac lite.
BR,
Metod

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem connecting two MikroTiks  [SOLVED]

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:13 pm

or replace Hap AC Lite with Hap AC2?
MTCNA, MTCTCE, MTCRE & MTCINE

iawgoM
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:34 pm

Thank you all, I'll just go with proper Gigabit solution.