Community discussions

stuarttunstall
just joined
Topic Author

Slow 5GHz transfer rate

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:13 pm

Morning

I have an ISP supplied Mikrotik hAP AC LIte router which has almost everything restricted in the menu..

I have had this route for about 12 months but never used it, so now that I have tried it, and like the performance so far as well as the compact design, the ISP has updated the software..

What I have noticed is that the speed shown (see attached image) prior to the update was aroung 325Mbps on the 5GHz which I am using just for my Notebook.. since the update this will not go above 86.6Mbps..

What would cause that? is there a setting that needs changing?
Capture3.JPG
I did ask them but seemed to get nowhere lol... I am still looking at getting my own hAP AC2 as I like a challenge to get my own to work as I want... I appreciate it will be a learning curve but I do like the way these routers look, perform and the look of the RouterOS system.. I do know that the router does not have to be a ISP specific unit, any will work like my old T P Link, and I suspect the ISP just want me to use there unit which is why the tell me it will be difficult to configure and buy an "out the box" router :)

Thanks

Stuart
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ashpri
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow 5GHz transfer rate

Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:24 am

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this.

Look here: https://www.wlanpros.com/mcs-index-charts/, at the 1 Spatial Stream (top) section. Why 1SS? Because the HapACLite has 1 antenna (tx/rx chain) in the 5ghz band.

It seems like your channel width setting went from 80mhz (MCS7 325) to 20mhz wide (MCS8 86.7).

stuarttunstall
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Slow 5GHz transfer rate

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:20 am

Thank you for the reply, and sorry for the delay..

Looking at the settings the 5Ghz is set to 20Mhz channel width, is this the reason I only see around 86Mbps but prior to them doing the update I had around 325Mbps? if so which so you suggest I try changing this too?

I can see quite a few options... that is if it will allow me to change it the ISP have locked most stuff lol...

Stuart