Community discussions

sscaffold
just joined
Topic Author

Unable to open port forwarding

Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:26 am

Product: Mikrotik Routerboard RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LTE

Need assistance to get ports open on routerboard with LTE 4g network

Current configuration used: add action=dst-nat chain=dstnat dst-address=120.157.xx.xxx dst-port=80 \
in-interface=all-ethernet protocol=tcp to-addresses=192.168.88.253 \
to-ports=80

I've contacted our ISP and have confirmed current APN is correct and external IP.

I've been trying to work this out for ages, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Unable to open port forwarding

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:10 am

What's with the in-interface=all-ethernet? It doesn't look like anything you need.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

sscaffold
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:43 pm

To be honest, I'm not overly experienced with networking or even IT. I gave this unit to an IT company that is experienced with networks and they said I’ve got the wrong modem/router after spending a few hours trying to figure this out and then tried to upsell me to an overpriced Meraki. I’m now trying my best to just work it out myself, as I'm sure it can be done. I have followed a few tutorials and both showed in-interface, “ether1-gateway” should be selected, but I don’t have this option, the closet option I have is “ether1”, but I can’t use this as it is a slave to the bridge. My thoughts were because the camera is plugged in to the ethernet port, "all ethernet" may do the trick. Should I remove the in-interface option?

Exiver
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:48 pm

Which ip address is assigned to the MikroTiks WAN-port (lte)?
Can you please show us your full configuration (/export hide-sensitive) - as Sob mentioned the "in-interface" option is most likely blocking the wanted behavior.

sscaffold
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:10 am

Both of you were spot on, I remove this selection and it started working. I've spent so much time on this, so I'm very grateful for your help.