Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

indimini
just joined
Topic Author

WAN's seem happy, but no Internet Access

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi all - I've been playing around with the RouterOS software, reading the forums, watching videos, etc. but am stuck and could use some help. My set up is fairly common: Hap AC router, Groove 52 AC connected to PoE port 5, and Netgear LB1120 4G modem on Port 1.

I have configured Ports 1 and 5 as WAN, bridging ports 2,3, 4, VLAN1, and VLAN2. I can login to the router over Wifi, and when connected, I can connect to 192.168.58.1 (the router), 192.168.88.1 (Groove) and 192.168.5.1 (Netgear). But no connections to the outside world work. I followed configuration instruction process from Youtube video MikroTik Tutorial #36 by TKSJa - I even watched/followed along multiple times to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious.

In my IP Route List, I can see the entries for the gateways: the WLAN devices show up as reachable. The Groove is configured CPE-Router, and the LB1120 is also configured as a router.

Attached is a screen shot of my route list and my config file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It feels like I'm close - but just can't get this last piece sorted out.

routes.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2frogs
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: WAN's seem happy, but no Internet Access

Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:30 am

/ip firewall filter
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" \
    connection-state=established,related
You will need to disable fasttrack as it will break mangle rules.

zakynthoswifi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: WAN's seem happy, but no Internet Access

Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:09 am

Did you set up NAT correctly?
Ilias Theodosis
Network & Security Engineer
Cisco CCNA,CCNP,CCIE
Network Solutions Ltd.
Zakynthos, Greece