Community discussions

sohrabp72
just joined
Topic Author

How to assign an ip address to my Bridge ?

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi
Sorry for my newbie question, this is my first post on Mikrotik forum.
So the question but some description on my set up:
I have an Asus modem router that set it on bridge and connect to it via my hAp lite with pppoe connection for internet access. Because I cant connect Telephone cable to my hAp lite and set VPI and VCI parameters on my hAp lite, I use that Asus as a bridge and set the VPI and VCI parameters on it and also set it as Bridge. Then I handle the rest of the configurations like access point for wireless devices and cable device and pppoe connection on my hAp lite, the question is how can I access my bridge interface throuh local web?
Also for interfaces on my hAp lite:
Ether2 IP is 192.168.2.1 that is connected to my pc.
My pc and wireless devices get the IP in range between 192.168.2.2 - 1192.168.2.20.
Ether1 is connected to my Asus (Bridge), I have set IP for it in range 192.168.1.2 for ether1 cuz I have set 192.168.1.1 for my Bridge.
But after days the ip for ether1 will disappear in IP>Addresses like I never set any IP for it and I can't access my bridge via local web.
Thanks in advance

Zacharias

Re: How to assign an ip address to my Bridge ?

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:53 am

Change the IP address of your ISPs router to lets say 192.168.xy.1... Then set an IP address on your mikrotik router on ether1 192.168.xy.2/24..
Connect both routers through ether1...
Your local bridge IP adress block should be different from the xy...

Then if you type 192.168.xy.1 from your Lan you will be able to access the ISPs web configuration page... as simple as that... they are two directly connected routers...

The fact that you use a PPPoE client on ether1 doesnt mean you cant assign an address on the same port... PPPoE is the logical interface which gets an address from your ISP and ether1 is the physical interface which you can assign an address manually...

sohrabp72
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to assign an ip address to my Bridge ?

Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:38 pm

It's already done before the forum Moderator post my question but could not delete the topic before publishing. Also, I had to dstnat and srcnat for my private network to have access to another network that the ether1 and Bridge are in. but thanks for answering.