Community discussions

MikroTik App

nzmen
just joined
Topic Author

New to Mikrotik - RB4011iGS+RM

Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello Everyone

So I went through the basic setup and it loaded the default script that makes eth1 as the WAN and the rest as LAN bridge. I have a customer that moving from a different router and has a setup that I need to migrate to this router (I tried reaching the local consultant but he did not answer the phone)

I need to change the network from 88.x to 1.x to begin with (Can I just change the DHCP server range or there is other things I need to do?)

Customer have 5 static internet IPs. One is the main one for the router and 2 others are allocated base on MAC addresses of the devices (eth2 going straight to office switch)

He also discuss to setup eth3 with it's own subnet and allocate a different public IP for that group (Will use for APs)

I do not have a problem to pay for someone who can remote in to help me set it up.

Thanks

Isaac

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: New to Mikrotik - RB4011iGS+RM

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:20 pm

You have Network/IT customers that pay you to setup MT routers and you are asking such basic questions.
That is called fraud my friend.
At least get this book and start reading.......
https://www.amazon.ca/Routeros-Example- ... 0692777903

Tons of training opportunities here........
https://mikrotik.com/training/
Last edited by anav on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:27 pm

@anav, don't be so hard on OP ... he won a job and now he's after a sub-contractor. Do I hear you offering your services?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Not the right day to get up in my face, although you are cute trying MKX.
You don't submit a proposal with no knowledge of what you are dealing with, unless you are a crook or naive, take your pick.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:49 pm

... unless you are a crook or naive, take your pick.
When given choice, I always choose the former ... allows me to keep some dignity :wink:

nzmen
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:36 pm

I deal with Cisco and Zyxel routers and new to the Mikrotik. I am not trying to fraud my customer as I was clear to him from the beginning that I am not familiar with this brand.

I was looking to pay someone to remote configure the device while I watch so I can learn a thing or two (Nothing wrong with that!) The customer gets his router configured I learn something (life is a big school) and everybody is happy.

I really feel bad for people like you. Most likely not happy with your life and give everyone around you such a bad attitude.

I ended up hiring a consultant company that was listed under the Mikrotik website. They remote configured the router, I learned a thing or too and the customer is happy with my company and service he received (that's what my goal)

Next time try not to assume and be kind to other users you never know when it will come back to you (the world is round)

At least I see that there are also nice people around here (Thanks mkx)

Isaac

JazzMaster
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Here is a very good link to help you with the config. I have used this for several configs and it is very easy to follow.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_vCR9 ... exICys6z4w

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:38 pm

Glad you got your client sorted out with professional help as opposed to the farce of attempting to do it through a post or two here.
The links provided should get you on your way to being actually credible.