Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

ucarsuwifi
just joined
Topic Author

Hi netmetal link down

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 pm

hello ı have netmetal with 3o dbi deltalink antenna but my link is down everyday same hours. every evening this time link is gone down i will check cable system and link nothing problem. if anybody has this problem can help me please. ı wanna send some user my support but forum page not let any team at here let me know for private message

mfr476
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Hi netmetal link down

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:07 am

I have bad news for you ... if you read the forum you will see that mikrotik's wireless problems are normal. Share your configuration and forum users will try to help you but forget that mikrotik solves the problem. More than a year ago it started and they won't solve it

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:38 am

While I can feel @mfr476 frustration he might have with his own installations, I don't think he's right in this particular case. Software and hardware problems tend to pop up at random times (even though they tend to correlate with external issues), but if OP's problems are regular, that might indicate some external reasons.

My first thought with wireless links would be to check for interference. Which might be some other wireless link, but more probably some unrelated RF stuff which one can not detect using usual WiFi gear (it will only show high interference), but a proper RF scanner might show it. And for sure nothing will show after the link is already running again, if events occur "on schedule" you have to be on site and prepared to hunt the interferer.
BR,
Metod

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:52 am

hello ı have netmetal with 3o dbi deltalink antenna but my link is down everyday same hours. every evening this time link is gone down i will check cable system and link nothing problem. if anybody has this problem can help me please. ı wanna send some user my support but forum page not let any team at here let me know for private message
Beginn with the Basics....

How long ist this Link ?
What EIRP is allowed to you?
What Bandwith is needed?
Your Channel width?

ucarsuwifi
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Beginn with the Basics....

How long ist this Link ?
What EIRP is allowed to you?
What Bandwith is needed?
Your Channel width?
My link has 8 km distance
ı need 80 mhz bantwith 250mbps
ı used to 5870 mhz cahnnel
???

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:00 pm

What does your Wireless tab shows when the Link is Connected?

30 dBm from Netmetal +30 dBm from Antenna - 8 km@5870 your Receiver Target is at -38
Do you reach this?