Community discussions

MikroTik App

benibilme2
just joined
Topic Author

Need help with mikrotik quickset WISP-AP mode (firmware 6.44)

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:24 pm

Hello,

I am newbie to mikrotik environment.

I have two RB962UiGS wireless router. I am using them for wireless capability and for switch. I do not need or want to use routing capabilities. I have used quikset menu available on the winbox menu with wisp ap mode on for both routers. I live in a two floor apartment and each router is being used as an access point in one of the floors. I selected bridge mode in quikset wisp ap menu for both routers. All ports are bridged. Unique ip adresses have been given to the bridged created. Address acquisition is static. Gateway and dns addresses are provided which is an opnsense firewall in the network. Dhcp server or NAT are not activated.

Routers themselves can not reach to my gateway (I opened a terminal and pinged to the gateway) or attached wired devices to the switched ports (via a pc that is directly attached to the switched ports) but wireless clients can reach gateway/internet.

Mikrotik does not forward packets attached to wired bridged ports to the gateway somehow.

I really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Need help with mikrotik quickset WISP-AP mode (firmware 6.44)

Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Unique ip adresses have been given to the bridged created.
Is that IP in the same subnet as your Gateway ?

benibilme2
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Need help with mikrotik quickset WISP-AP mode (firmware 6.44)  [SOLVED]

Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Thank you for the reply. After hours of digging, changing cables even the switch, I reliazed that it is firewall problem. I switch from mikrotik dhcp server recently to opnsense dhcp server, I configured opnsense dhcp server to allow static leases preconfigured previously. The static leases did not have mikrotik switch which was entered statically.

This is funny and strange. Dhcp server is supposed to lease ip addresses to preconfigured or listed mac address that is asking. Somehow, even though there is no explicit rule, and there is an allow icmp packets rule in firewall rules, even if an allowed ip address is manually configured in the device (which is not asking for the lease), firewall blocks it, if not explicitly stated in dhcp static leases. I entered the bridged ports mac address in the dhcp lease table and the problem has been solved.

Undocumented feautere or bug I do not know.

Thank you again for the response.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Need help with mikrotik quickset WISP-AP mode (firmware 6.44)

Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:24 pm

I am a bit confused with all your description... most probably a mistake in your config caused all the problems...