Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

f3nrIs
just joined
Topic Author

cAP Basic Setup with Vlan

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:00 pm

Hello,
i recently bought a Mikrotik cAP RBcAPGi-5acD2nD and would like to make it work. I have several problems with this device. Starting with the configuration of the VLAN up to performance. I'm a bloody beginner with Mikrotik RouterOS.

Goal: I want to run it simple as an AP Bridge. No more no less.
The cAP is connected to Trunk Uplink-Port of my switch. There are two VLAN available...

VLAN10 with subnet 192.168.10.0/28
VLAN50 with subnet 192.168.50.0/28

VLAN-Router is a pfSense Box, in each case with .1 in subnets. VLAN10 is for normal Clients and VLAN50 for guest/untrusted. The Plan is to host 3 SSIDs: one 2.4Ghz and one 5Ghz for VLAN10, another 2.4Ghz for guests. No Routing, no Firewall, no RADIUS, nothing, just simple AP bridge.

How can i do that?

In my configuration tries,it was possible to connect to 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID in VLAN10. I was able to get an IP vom DHCP, Streaming and File Transfer also. After some tuning i had ~200Mbits with 5Ghz and a Huawei Mate 10 Pro. Measured by Iperf3. That is mediocre. Guest-WLan with VLAN50 couldnt manage. I added a virtual wireless interface and configurerd with VLAN50. Assign VLAN50 to bridge, also the interfaces. Tries to connect but after some time he means connection timeout.

Can anyone say how i can do that?