Community discussions

MikroTik App

KarlisIT
just joined
Topic Author

Cant get access to internet.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi, so don't judge, I am a newbie, just started learning Mikrotik. So I am setting up an ethernet for my school's assembly hall mixer and other stuff.
So I managed to get access locally for everything. But when I connect to internet port, I cant get access to the internet. So the system is following I have a separate router and network for assembly hall, and a port to connect to schools network, but I can't seem to get internet access, could it be some conflict between a schools network router and my separate one? Or could it be that the port I am trying to connect to has been disabled of internet access? Or it could bee some IP addresses not matching? I tried to search this, but could not find an explanation for this situation, I hope for help, I am a beginner, so I don't yet understand this.

oskarsk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Cant get access to internet.  [SOLVED]

Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 am

Please give more information on your configuration so that people can help you. It could be any of your statements. Are you managing the school's network router?

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cant get access to internet.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi, so don't judge, I am a newbie, just started learning Mikrotik. So I am setting up an ethernet for my school's assembly hall mixer and other stuff.
So I managed to get access locally for everything. But when I connect to internet port, I cant get access to the internet. So the system is following I have a separate router and network for assembly hall, and a port to connect to schools network, but I can't seem to get internet access, could it be some conflict between a schools network router and my separate one? Or could it be that the port I am trying to connect to has been disabled of internet access? Or it could bee some IP addresses not matching? I tried to search this, but could not find an explanation for this situation, I hope for help, I am a beginner, so I don't yet understand this.
Hey. Just look carefully with Winbox in your config.

KarlisIT
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Cant get access to internet.

Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:37 pm

Hi, I don't know why, but when I changed routers IP adress, I got access to Internet, my school has network with 192.168.88.smth, and I changed my router IP to 192.168.88.1, and got access to Internet, could someone explain what happened? Because previously my router IP was 192.168.7.1.