Community discussions

MikroTik App

babinos4p
just joined
Topic Author

Hap lite dual wan

Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:21 pm

Hello,
i 've got my first mikrotik hap lite before some days.

i'm using it as PPPoE to my network ( ethernet1-internet ) and i'm using ether2 and ether3 to 2pc and wifi for my home.
My neighboor sharing his WiFi to me and i want to increase my internet speed using dual wan

I want to create a load balancing with failover, using the second wan by my neighboor's WiFi.

I don't know how to start to create this, because my Wlan1 is using already by me.

Is there any solution or guide to create dual wan - one by pppoe and the second by WiFi ( as AP ) ???
All the guides i can find are dual wan cabling.

Thank you in advance.
Bob

erlinden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Hap lite dual wan

Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Interfaces are interfaces, whether with cable or wireless.

First:
You will have to create a virtual interface on one of the two wireless interfaces (depending on what band you want to use) and set is as wireless bridge. You can find a great blogpost on how to use a hAP ac Lite as traveling router: https://www.justinho.com/blog/2017/07/1 ... -lite.html

Second:
You can now configure load balancing.

On site note: be aware that by having a wireless back haul, the bandwidth is divided if using wireless clients.

babinos4p
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:08 pm

Thank you for answer.
I finally managed to complete this task with your help!

Bob

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 pm

I am curious what kind of throughput do you get on your backup wifi network (speed tests etc.)
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)