Below is my router product - version 6.46.2 (stable):
Fiber module in SFP port is: sercom fgs202 (optical fiber)
Everything work/run perfectly with IPV4 (ipv4 dhcp client get a wan/public adress very quickly across a vlan over the sfp1 module).
Also all my lan devices are running like a charm behind the router.
Now i'm trying to setup IPV6 dhcp client but it still remain in searching... status
i have activated the "ipv6" package in package list then rebooted the router.
Below is my IPV6 setup configuration trying to get a wan/ipv6 adress from my internet provider.
(i also confim that with my internet provider box i can get a wan ipv6 adress easily).
1. /ipv6 firewall filter add chain=input action=accept (ipv6 firewall IN opened for testing)
2. /ipv6 firewall filter add chain=output action=accept (ipv6 firewall OUT opened for testing)
3. /ipv6 settings set accept-router-advertisements=yes
4. /interface vlan add interface=Sfp1 loop-protect-disable-time=00:05:00 loop-protect-send-interval=00:00:05 name=VLAN123 vlan-id=123 (vlan anonymised) real work fine with ipv4.
5. /ipv6 dhcp-client option add code=16 name=class-identifier value=0x123456789abcdef (anonymised) real value work on ipv4
/ipv6 dhcp-client option add code=15 name=userclass value=0x123456789abcdef (anonymised) real value work on ipv4
6. /ipv6 dhcp-client option add code=11 name=authsend value=0x123456789abcdef (anonymised) real value work on ipv4
7. /ipv6 dhcp-client add interface=VLAN123 dhcp-options=authsend,userclass,class-identifier request=prefix pool-name=pool_FT_6 pool-prefix-length=64 add-default-route=yes
Then i check IPV6 dhcp client but it still remain in searching... status
Also it seems that no packets go out from the router IPV6 dhcp client
I also have a SFP/RJ45 module, i swaped the optical fiber module with it.
Then i directly connected a cable between the router (sfp/rj45 module installed) to my linux laptop computer running wireshark.
No traffic come to my laptop no UDP packets reached my wireshark laptop !!
(when i make similar test with IPV4 i can see the dhcp request reaching my wireshark laptop computer).
I don't know if i'm missing a main point of configuration? as no traffic go out from my IPV6 dhcp client.
Also it's why it always remain in searching... status
Any help will be appreciated.