Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

darksnoop
just joined
Topic Author

Vpn Pptp Client

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Hello everybody i just begin messing with mikrotik and i would like your help in something

i want to connect to 2 different pptp servers with my mikrotik

i put all the details and the ip's but the problem i cannot in 2 different servers as an internal ip's i must disable the 1 of the 2 pptp-out clients so i can connect
i cannot make them work at the same time (if this is possible).

thank you in advance.

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Vpn Pptp Client

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:53 pm

I'm afraid this won't work

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:35 pm

I'm not sure if I'm missing something hidden in:
... i cannot in 2 different servers as an internal ip's ...
which I don't really understand. But it's possible to have more than one active PPTP client at the same time. There would be problem with overlapping remote subnets, if that's what you're saying. But with some limits, it should be possible to do something even with that.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply. Not intended as incentive for masochists.

darksnoop
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:04 pm

thanks for the reply

yes that on one i am looking for

its 2 different subnet and i would like to connect whenever i want in the 2 different without stop the vpn of the each other
is this possible?

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm

If it's two different subnets, just add two PPTP clients. I don't see any problem. But if it doesn't work, maybe there's something missing in your explanation. Try to provide more details.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply. Not intended as incentive for masochists.

darksnoop
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:30 pm

This is my total configuration
i have the 2 pptp clients

but i cannot see both of them only the pptp-out1 when i disable the pptp-out1 then i have access to the pptp-out2

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/C8xrChR"><a href="//imgur.com/a/C8xrChR"></a></blockquote>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:37 pm

What are you doing with those routes with routing mark "vpn"? If case you mark outgoing traffic to vpn subnets, then as you see, only one is active. But if you didn't have them at all and didn't mark anything, then your other static routes would be used and it would/should work. Question is if there's some more complex idea behind those marked routes.

darksnoop
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:24 am

no nothing complex actually most of them i did from guides in internet

now i remove vpn mark and seems to be working