Community discussions

MikroTik App

christechno25
just joined
Topic Author

Does not redirect to login page after connecting to HotSpot

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:37 pm

Hi everyone. I just purchased my first Mikrotik device which is the RB951Ui-2HnD. So I'd like to setup a hotspot service where you could generate vouchers that allow users to connect to the internet with limitations much like setups in hotels and coffee shops. Even though the device has built-in wifi, I won't be using its wifi interface. I will be using several regular access points which will be connected to ether2 lan port of the Mikrotik device. So far I've been able to setup hotspot and I'm able to login and use the internet. However, I would like users to be automatically redirected to the login page where they'll input the voucher details as soon as they connect to any of the access points. I'm stuck here. Currently, when I connect to one of the access points, I have to go to a web browser and access the IP address or domain name of the hotspot. Say for example if I access google.com before logging in it just shows a page error which means it's not connected to the internet. It's supposed to redirect the user to the login page just like in hotels. Or better yet, as soon as it connects to the hotspot a login page automatically pops up. Can anybody help me? If there are more details needed from my setup please do let me know. My setup has the most basic configurations. Thank you.