Community discussions

MikroTik App

emaus78
just joined
Topic Author

wAP-ac-LTE6-kit (is not!) for dummies

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:23 pm

Dear people,
I bought this kit week ago cause I always buy quality things and I heard that Mikrotik is one of the best in networking.
Problem is I am not an expert and I am lost in all the options, I tried many solutions (fallover, bonding, balance) but I simply dont have time to start learning for network administrator. It is just too complicated for me.
I am going slightly mad and I regret cause I bought this thing although I believe it is good for someone who know how to use it.

Ok, now my problem:
This wAP have two eher.
I have 2 ISP, one is coming from dsl modem on ether1, other is lte1.
Mode is Quick set LTE Ap DUAL (although I don't need wlan in fact, pc is connected via ether2) .
Lte1 is primary and it works well except for every few hours more or less, when it gets droput and then I don't have net.
Is it some way to manually (or automated if it is possible) in winbox change connection in that moment to dsl (ether1) so I could use net while lte1 comes back online.
Tnx for answer

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: wAP-ac-LTE6-kit (is not!) for dummies  [SOLVED]

Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:25 pm

There are many ways you can do this. First, disable the LTE and make sure your Ether1 provider works fine. Once you have both set up individually, you can do a simple "Netwatch" script, that can set the other provider as the active one. Netwatch is a tool that pings a certain IP address, if ping fails, it will run a command you specify. For example, it can set the other interface as the active one.

Something like this:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:T ... c_examples

Try to do it yourself first, if you run into any problems, let us know how far you are, and we can assist further

emaus78
just joined
Topic Author

Re: wAP-ac-LTE6-kit (is not!) for dummies

Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:33 am

Dear people, incredible but I made it!
I thought it won't be possible.
Thank you very much for your help.
Worst part was setting up both connections to work fine and then with script was easier.
It was really nice to see how it work's when one connection fail.
It wasn't easy but now everything works perfectly.
Now I am totally satisfied with my mikrotik!

Greetings from Croatia!