Community discussions

MikroTik App

attilhacks
just joined
Topic Author

RB4011iGS+ Netflow not working

Mon May 04, 2020 10:39 am

Hello Forum,

I have this setup: RB4011iGS+ RouterOS 6.46.6 (Level 5) sending traffic to Nfsen server which doesn't receive it. I tested the Nfsen setup and it is receiving correctly from a RouterOS virtual machine on the same network. RouterOS setups are same OS level and configuration

tried differents ports, or same port different RouterOS: story is the same, no Netflow from router but only from Virtual Machine.

Nfsen has firewall and selinux disabled.
Checked Nfsen directly permission: files are created but empty (276 or 380 b0
shall I post my config?

Cheers
Gabriele
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

attilhacks
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RB4011iGS+ Netflow not working

Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:02 am

Hi
I made some tests with tcpdump: the packets are not reaching the nfsen server at all, while I can get them from RouterOS VM

next step is to capture the data from a mirror port with my laptop

jprietove
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Why are you using 0.0.0.0 as source address? Disable it or put a valid IP, maybe that's the reason that Netflow is not reaching your server.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:19 pm

Why are you using 0.0.0.0 as source address? Disable it or put a valid IP, maybe that's the reason that Netflow is not reaching your server.
Ahh a friendly face, and warning - a post that is not IT related.
Trainer?, Cadiz?, sign me up!!!
Nothing like dripping sweat over your MT!! ;-) but who cares when the wine is so good, and the tortilla/tapas in the morning and gambas/calamari for lunch.
Heck JP, forget the training lets just be degenerate (but only after early morning coffee and a 2 hour bike ride) !!

jprietove
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Nothing like dripping sweat over your MT!! ;-) but who cares when the wine is so good, and the tortilla/tapas in the morning and gambas/calamari for lunch.
Heck JP, forget the training lets just be degenerate (but only after early morning coffee and a 2 hour bike ride) !!
Bike ride? Better a beer ride with gambas and langostinos!