Community discussions

MikroTik App

lvservishp
just joined
Topic Author

How connect different router different subnet

Sat May 09, 2020 7:14 am

Hello,

This is my third MikroTik hAp ac2, just bought a view days ago.
In the diagaram, i always work at Windows PC [SUPER ADMIN] (192.168.0.8 ).
I cannot connect to all 192.168.1.x, like to Raspberry (192.168.1.13) and debian (192.168.1.16).
If i turn on my wifi, connect to hex ac2,192.168.1.1, get IP 192.168.1.55, i can communicate both raspberry and debian.
All internet access is success. And all router is in their own NAT.

I already search but i dont understand , some people say NAT, some people say port forward, im newbie.
Please help me, i can post what you need for more information.
Wireless Network Diagram Template 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How connect different router different subnet

Sat May 09, 2020 3:42 pm

What I do not understand is why you have the HAPACs acting as routers? Why not just use them as access point switches.
Then all can be on the same subnet?

In other words without understanding the use cases, groups of users and their needs which have driven you to this setup, its hard to understand or advise.
I would simply use one ROUTER, the hex for all routing purposes and then if I need separation amongst users use vlans......
In this way it would be dirt simple (less complex, no double nat etc) to give admin access to wherever you needed it.

lvservishp
just joined
Topic Author

Sun May 10, 2020 4:22 am

Before all was same setup, except its was ASUS RT-N12+ as a bridge before i bought and replace it to hAPac2.
ASUS was a bridge with same 192.168.1.1, DHCP server from HEX, i can connect easyly to 192.168.1.x.

My work area (192.168.1.x)The raspberry as a local web server for developing web, and other stuff like smart home stuff and CCTV.
The setup is to protect 192.168.1.x from all mobile user that IP from 192.168.6.x (my dads employee).
ITs hard to change so many 192.168.1.x in that raspberry and inside my PC

I tought dhcp server from hex for ASUS wil hurt their performance, so thats why now i setup each router has its own dhcp server.

So, is it OK to have one dhcp server in HEX for other hapac2 amd hap lite?
But still set the subnet as in the diagram?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 10, 2020 7:17 am

I agree with anav. Let the hex do all the routing and DHCP, and use the hAPs strictly as access points. Use different VLANs to keep things apart as needed.

lvservishp
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 11, 2020 4:09 am

@k6ccc, what about the "simple queue"? still can do it in each router?

Do you have any direction to this forum about the how to route same case as mine? so i can learn about it. Or tutorial?
In which menu is "routing" part that i must do?

And the router that should be an "access point", it will use DHCP relay?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 11, 2020 5:28 am

Start by spending a while reading the Wiki: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Main_Page
If we just tell you the answer, you don't learn. If you read the Wiki, most of your questions will get answered, and you learn what the answer means. When you can't figure out some specific detail, then ask. You may also want to read up on some basic networking concepts (Google will be your friend).