Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sdrammaturgo
just joined
Topic Author

Hap ac2 second Wireless interface not working

Sun May 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Hi everyone,
I recently bought an Hap ac2 to start experimenting on Mikrotik stuff. At first use everything worked fine and i noticed that in my wifi page I had 2 SSIDs called Mikrotik-...A and Mikrotik-...B.

Today I was playing with that, at some point I decided to do a Reset Configuration because I wanted to start from scratch, and the second SSID disappeared from my network list. It reappeared later on after a reboot and then disappeared again. And none of the procedures I can make work on wlan interface 1 works on interface 2 (in particular I was learning how to configure it in station mode and as a DHCP clients).

I don't understand what this related to, anyone can help me?

Thank you very much

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hap ac2 second Wireless interface not working

Sun May 10, 2020 11:33 pm

It reappeared later on after a reboot and then disappeared again.
Sounds like a DFS (radar detection) in action. What's the interface status?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 10, 2020 11:50 pm

" (in particular I was learning how to configure it in station mode and as a DHCP clients)."

The hAp ac2 in station mode will not appear as a wifi network in your network list. You know that.

In 5 GHz there is a beginners catch in the DFS frequencies. After ANY manipulation at the interface WLAN2 as "Ap bridge" the DFS channels (channel 56 and higher) will be silent for 1 full minute. Channel 120,124 and 128 will even be silent for 10 full minutes. If channel is set to "auto" you don't know what you are using. If interface mode is set as "bridge" then you will not see the network.

Sdrammaturgo
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 11, 2020 11:33 am

Thank you very much, it was enough to stop touching it for 10 minutes :)

Sdrammaturgo
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Is there a way to make it stop doing it?

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Is there a way to make it stop doing it?
You can at least avoid the wheater radar channels 120-124-128 (10 minutes).
Disabling DFS is illegal. (Any device that can do it cannot be sold anymore). Old versions of the OS can still have that feature.
You can limit yourselves to the non-DFS channels (36-40-44-48) see list in CLI "/interface wireless info country-info"
Avoiding weather radars can be done by making a channel list ... like this ...(I moved 120-124-128 to only be used as 4th and 5th DFS selection, that is if the previous 3 detect/suspect a radar) My list is for my 40 MHz channels and fallback to 20 MHz. (that scanlist named dfs is set in the WLAN2 interface). List only needed in the AP (or CapsMan), stations do not check they follow the AP. Editing this list will trigger the DFS check :-(.
Klembord-2.jpg
PS: there is a new CLI command since 6.45.9 (LT) and 6.46 (stable)

> interface wireless set skip-dfs-channels=?

SkipDfsChannels ::= 10min-cac | all | disabled
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.