Community discussions

MikroTik App

D4RKHORSE95
just joined
Topic Author

Vlan configuration on ccr1016 and Cisco 2960X

Thu May 14, 2020 1:59 pm

Hi There all,

I have been working with Mikrotik over the last 2 year s or so and I must say its been a rather steep learning curve.
I have a configuration where I want to create and share Vlans in my networking environment, At the far edge of my
network which was pre existing with no documentation of how it was built is a Hirschmenn Power MICE L3 Switch which hosts
several Vlans. I want to access them from my network with certain people/devices being able to do so, I have a
Cisco 2960S 48LPS which is in the server cabinet next to the Hirschmenn. The Cisco 2960S is connect by fiber to
another Cisco 2960X 24LPS which is 130meters away and that Cisco is connected to my Mikrotik CCR1016 which only has
Ethernet ports and is my core router. The Hirschmenn has VID 15/16/17/18/100/192/253/ and has an IP of 253.20 .
Should I move my core devices into the same range so that I can pass the Vlan information to the CCR1016 and handle intervlan
routing? I also want to separate my network a bit like eg make a office workers network and wifi then a guest network.
I have been able to fix Vlans on the Hirschmenn once i figured out some were put on the wrong ports for their respective
network. but i have never implemented another switch into such an environment as well as doing Vlans on Mikrotik.

Please if there is any help you could offer or any advice I would really appreciate it.
Thanks all