Community discussions

MikroTik App

jk2020
just joined
Topic Author

please Help with Setting up SXT LTE Kit with Vodafone UK

Sat May 16, 2020 5:38 pm

HI Guys,

Hope you can help me. I have managed to get my LTE modem working perfect with Vodafone UK LTE -APN setup and getting internet. Where i have a problem is i am wanting to mount the hardware on a pole outside my house - then Connect it to a router inside my house that i can use to connect wired and wirless devices to.

is anyone able to help with what i should set as configuration please?

not sure should i leave DHCP on the MikroTik modem or allow the wirless router to manage that inside house and what settings i need to set?

Thank you in advance for the help
Jk

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: please Help with Setting up SXT LTE Kit with Vodafone UK

Mon May 18, 2020 11:36 pm

In normal scenario you just receive internet from SXTR now, this means when you mount at final position you grab internet the same way like your PC now, using a DHCP-Client.

You main home router should grab/receive internet from SXTR like your PC. Nothing to change.
If your both devices are MikroTik then only you should change the defauls subnet like 192.168.88.x because this can be conflict.

jk2020
just joined
Topic Author

Tue May 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Thank you Sib :) I have since moved on and have my SXT up and Running I set as DHCP Client so thank you for your instruction - I have the older model that does Bands 3 & 7 Only and the newer one that supports band 20 too.

Wanted to ask what you recommend to select the best band that offers quickest speeds based on my closest Tower? I am in Uk and wanting to make use of EE as it seems to advertise that they offer the fastest speeds.

I have used mastdata.com to find my nearest tower - its just over 3km away but still I only receive 6mpbs down and 12mbps up - with Vodafone and seems to be attaching to Band 20

Would you please be able to help with Tips / tricks as how to find out what mast bands are supported and best for speed please?

Thank you

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 26, 2020 3:35 pm

Remember that slow to fast bands are 8,20....3,1,7 and

lte module like EP06-E or R11e-lte6 have agreggation like 3+7 at that 3 fast bands, yes, only that one combination :(.
Additional every B3/1/7 can do 2ca with B8/20 like fast+slow.
This means if bts have got B3 and B7 then perfect if you in signal range... if not then B3+B20 is in game.

lte module with better bands can do some like B3+1 or 3+1+7 or even 3+1+7+20... but this si not easy when we have mPCIe and fast modules are at M.2 slot.

Many to write. I hope that is good introduction into topic.