Community discussions

MikroTik App

Galathos
just joined
Topic Author

How can i pass my Lan network withouth having to make NAT

Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 am

Hi,

Im trying to pass my LAN network on port 2 withouth having to NAT, i have a mikrotik that goes to an Alcatel router and it needs to go statically with the same LAN ip, no Natting. Im quite new in this so any help is appreciated.

LANIP: 10.15.165.2/24
WAN IP: 10.10.4.166/30

Static route made:
DST ADDRESS 0.0.0.0/0 GATE WAY 10.10.4.165

I should clarify i have made tons of networks but in those networks my wan ip is a public ip address, now its a private ip address and another router is the one that gets out to the internet. So from what i know ive always had to do a firewall NAT rule, shoudl i just not make the rule and the lan will go through 0.0.0.0?

netpinamar
just joined

Re: How can i pass my Lan network withouth having to make NAT

Sat May 23, 2020 11:44 pm

If your Alcatel router delivers a /30, you need to configure your RB in router mode and masquerade your network
/ip firewall nat add action=masquerade chain=srcnat comment="Masquerade" out-interface=WAN

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 24, 2020 12:06 am

Please draw a network diagram.

jvanhambelgium
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun May 24, 2020 12:12 am

Are you sure this is going to work ? Many "home" grade routers for example will only perform NAT (I mean the Alcatel box) when packets arrive in the range of their own LAN-interface.
Or is the Alcatel configured that it will do NAT for 10.15.165.0/24 ??

Well, now you just need simple routing (and possibly some filtering) indeed like you said.
So remove any NAT-rules if present.
You already have the static-route set with next-hop the Alcatel-router.
What about the firewall-rules ? You have some configured in the "forward" chain ? (forward chain = for packets THROUGH the Mikrotik, so this use-case!)

Galathos
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How can i pass my Lan network withouth having to make NAT  [SOLVED]

Tue May 26, 2020 11:04 pm

Thank youy for the replies, it worked for me by just putting default route 0.0.0.0 to my wan ip gateway 10.10.4.165... no masquerades or NAT created. I didnt want to NAT because it will jump from mikrotik to other routers, and there is another router that will NAT for me. Thanks for the reply to everyone.