Community discussions

MikroTik App

KevinP
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with wAP ac LTE6

Fri May 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Hello!!

The first problem that i am facing is that after trying to configure my mikrotik and failing a couple of times i decided to reset the device to factory defaults, but it seems that i can't connect to it via winbox anymore.
Things i tried:
*Reset it, holding the reset button down until i can see 3 blinks
*Holding the button down for 3 seconds
* Holding down the reset button until nothing blinks

All of the times i tried i first started holding down the reset button until i gave it power.

Next problem is that, i can't seem to configure the bridge correctly.

I have a SIM-card in the mikrotik for internet and i want to share that internet to a seperate router(Synology RT1900AC)
I want to make a bridge so the synology router could get the internet and then use the router to give out IPs.

What should i be looking when configuring said bridge or is there some kind of video tutorial?

Thanks!

Kevin

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with wAP ac LTE6

Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Hello!!

The first problem that i am facing is that after trying to configure my mikrotik and failing a couple of times i decided to reset the device to factory defaults, but it seems that i can't connect to it via winbox anymore.
Things i tried:
*Reset it, holding the reset button down until i can see 3 blinks
*Holding the button down for 3 seconds
* Holding down the reset button until nothing blinks

All of the times i tried i first started holding down the reset button until i gave it power.
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... andjumpers
Means below 5s should do a reset to factory default's
Next problem is that, i can't seem to configure the bridge correctly.
I have a SIM-card in the mikrotik for internet and i want to share that internet to a seperate router(Synology RT1900AC)
I want to make a bridge so the synology router could get the internet and then use the router to give out IPs.
What should i be looking when configuring said bridge or is there some kind of video tutorial?

Few ways.
One is with default configuration who works as regular router and then next router receive internet like regular PC, This is like NAT-NAT system.
You can read about LTE APN Passthrough mode who move the ISP IPv4v6 IP Address from wAPRac to your next router, good when you plan use IPSec but good practice is use additional vlan for management.

PS. Please enable RoMON and have be sure you always connect via mac-telnet to your device.