Community discussions

MikroTik App

Carlsdan
just joined
Topic Author

Replacement Groove

Sat May 30, 2020 2:39 am

My first Groove quit (no lights, nada). I purchased a replacement and have physically installed and connected it. The instructions say that initial configuration has to be done thru an Ethernet cable. I'm old but I can't remember when I last had an Ethernet port on my computer? The Groove is connected to a Mictotik router, but I cannot find the 192.168.88.1 address. Can anyone help me get started at this point? Thanks, Daniel

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Replacement Groove

Sat May 30, 2020 4:49 pm

Here you can find MikroTik Groove step-by-step setup guide :
https://seabits.com/mikrotik-groove-ste ... tup-guide/

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Replacement Groove

Sat May 30, 2020 6:43 pm

I occasionally get a batch of Grooves that have a default setting as an AP bridge and they don't have a Static IP. Check to see if you have a strong AP using a Network Name starting with "Mikrotik...". If so that is probably your Groove. If you connect by wireless you should be able to use Winbox to get into the Groove to configure it.

Is your Mikrotik router using the 192.168.88.0/24 subnet. If so this can prevent you from accessing the new Groove at 192.168.88.1. You can solve this problem by changing your router subnet.

Buying a USB to ethernet adapter can solve your problem of not having an ethernet port on your computer and allow you to use Winbox.exe for your initial setup.