Community discussions

MikroTik App

FoxJr
just joined
Topic Author

hAP AC2 management problem

Sun May 31, 2020 6:58 pm

Following setting up hAP AC2 to WISP AP in bridge mode via quick set renders unit unreachable. The device IP is pingable and winbox also sees it, however you won't be able to connect to it in any way. Something to note is that while you are not able to connect to the device, it will work fine both wireless and lan ports. The only fix to restore its connectivity is to reset the device to default.

Any help is much appreciated.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP AC2 management problem

Sun May 31, 2020 7:22 pm

If the issue is that you cannot connect to the RoS device by LANIP that is normal.
I cannot do so directly on any of my devices.
I have to use winbox to connect to my devices, it works best for me by mac address but if you use the IP in winbox, dont forget to include the winboxport at the end of the IP

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun May 31, 2020 7:22 pm

I prefer to start without configuration. In your case: create bridge (and add dhcp-client), add all interfaces and configure wireless. That's basically it...

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: hAP AC2 management problem  [SOLVED]

Sun May 31, 2020 7:52 pm

Disable the firewall rules before changing to WISP AP. The Quickset is broken, when you make the change it removes the bridge from interface-list=LAN and this causes the firewall filter input rules to drop IP traffic to the router.

If you use Winbox, you can connect to the device using the MAC instead of IP and access it that way. I highly recommend using Winbox and reset configuration without defaults, then setup manually.

FoxJr
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi guys, apologies for the late reply.

The issue is resolved, basically, I turn off the firewall as of course is not needed considering such APs are not being used as a router and it worked fine.

Thanks to everyone for your support!