Community discussions

MikroTik App

dainosan
just joined
Topic Author

LTE Bands on SXT LTE6

Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:31 pm

hopefully you don't mind if i bother you guys with a very basic question

its my first SXT LTE6 Unit, popped the Simcard in it and just a few clicks I was up and running BUT ...I cannot figure out a few things :

1 ) No matter where i place the unit internally ( behind walls ) or externally pointing to the antenna I always get 3 bars signal and a ping to the google DNSs of approx 50ms.
ODD ?
2 ) how can i find out what BAND is actually using within the UI or command line ?
3 ) am I supposed to get a cleaner signal when for example the unit points to a transmitter and selects BAND 7 vs for example BAND20 ?

as of right now, no matter where i place the unit it seems to perform absolutely the same

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LTE Bands on SXT LTE6

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:54 pm

1 ) No matter where i place the unit internally ( behind walls ) or externally pointing to the antenna I always get 3 bars signal and a ping to the google DNSs of approx 50ms.
ODD ?
check your RSRP and SINR.
Paste the info or cellular tab information.

2 ) how can i find out what BAND is actually using within the UI or command line ?
use winbox > inteface > lte > cellular tab
CLI: /interface lte info lte1
Read documentation: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Interface/LTE

3 ) am I supposed to get a cleaner signal when for example the unit points to a transmitter and selects BAND 7 vs for example BAND20 ?
ReWrite/ReWord that question.

as of right now, no matter where i place the unit it seems to perform absolutely the same
Go near to BTS and then test max what you get at every band, then you know your max and can compare with results from normal possition.