Community discussions

MikroTik App

coliflower
Topic Author

Export / Import

Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi all :-)

I exported all data from my wAP #1, adapted the data inside the file and now I would like to import the data in my wAP #2 ...

Is there any possibility to do it through the current/running setup on #2 or is there some need to reset #2 first and then to import afterwards ?

Thanks in advance !

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Export / Import  [SOLVED]

Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:28 pm

I exported all data from my wAP #1, adapted the data inside the file and now I would like to import the data in my wAP #2 ...

Is there any possibility to do it through the current/running setup on #2 or is there some need to reset #2 first and then to import afterwards ?
Via GUI you can do System/ResetConfiguration and specify the import script in the field "Run After Reset".
But see also this thread for possible problems: viewtopic.php?t=123656

coliflower
Topic Author

Re: Export / Import

Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 am

Via GUI you can do System/ResetConfiguration and specify the import script in the field "Run After Reset".
Thank you very much - I will try in the next days :-)

Regarding "problems" ... I will put the recommended delay in
/delay delay-time=15s
What is still not clear to me is following statement ... I have a wAP-AC, so I need to do it ?
It is important to note that for certain devices, the configuration has to be placed inside the flash\ folder.
Warning: If the device has a folder named "flash", then the confscript.rsc file must be stored in that folder to work with "run-after-reset" command. Everything outside this folder is stored on the RAM drive which contents are deleted on reboot or power cycle.

mutluit
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:29 pm

Thank you very much - I will try in the next days :-)

Regarding "problems" ... I will put the recommended delay in
/delay delay-time=15s
What is still not clear to me is following statement ... I have a wAP-AC, so I need to do it ?
It is important to note that for certain devices, the configuration has to be placed inside the flash\ folder.
Warning: If the device has a folder named "flash", then the confscript.rsc file must be stored in that folder to work with "run-after-reset" command. Everything outside this folder is stored on the RAM drive which contents are deleted on reboot or power cycle.
It is device-dependent.
Best is if you copy your script into both folders: to the root folder as well to the flash folder. You can use "ftp" for this.

coliflower
Topic Author

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:11 pm

Thanks, it works !