Community discussions

MikroTik App

gimpster
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik Mobile app “Connection Refused”

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:18 pm

I have a Wireless Wire with default settings. I’m able to connect to this successfully from WinBox on my laptop but when I try to connect from the MikroTik mobile app, I get a “Connection Refused” error. Doesn’t matter if I try to connect via IP address or MAC address. Any idea how to get this working? This is a Mac household, so dragging out my old Windows PC just to troubleshoot some connection problems or restart one of the devices is really annoying.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: MikroTik Mobile app “Connection Refused”

Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:51 am

Are your PC and your phone in the same network, when you connect? There might be firewall rules restricting access from different IP addresses.
When connected with Winbox, you can also see the "log" for any messages in the router.

Also make sure that both Winbox and the mobile app are upgraded, and your RouterOS is also upgraded. Older versions of RouterOS might not allow net mobile app to connect, as the security was improved lately. So upgrading RouterOS could also help.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:23 pm

As normis stated, (must be a slow day in Riga for the sultan to answer the minions questions!! ;-P )

(1) The most likely culprit is the fact that you may have only allowed certain IPs access to the router in the input chain via firewall rules.
If you are using something like,
add action=accept chain=input comment="Allow ADMIN to Router" \
in-interface-list=RBwin log-prefix=AdminAccess src-address-list=\
adminaccess

where adminaccess is firewall address list.
add ip=yourdesktoppc list=adminaccess
add ip=yourlaptop list=adminaccess
add ip=yoursmartphone list=adminaccess ( just make sure your smart phone has a static IP)

The other areas to consider.
(2) Where you setup USERS, you may have narrowed down the entry there preventing your smartphone to be allowed as a user.

(3) Check IP SERVICES, this is where people can limit access to WINBOX itself and one should check that they have not blocked usage by the device required.

(4) Lastly, look under tools MAC and MAC WINBOX SERVER specifically - see which interface list you have chosen to allow access to winbox via mac.
Ensure your smart phone is included in that interface listing.

One other thing that might catch you............ I dont use the default winbox port, so when using the MT app, I have to ensure to enter in the IP address as follows
192.168.xx.1:yyyyyy where yyyyy is the new winbox port.

Shy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi
I am facing the same issues
When reaching via mac sometimes it doesnt work as expected with the tik app. I couldnt find the root cause.the winbox is opened without specified IPs.

VAXman65
just joined

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:07 pm

I have been wrestling with the same problem. Pings from the CRS console to my iOS device would fail 90% of the time. Nevertheless, normal use of my device would work just fine. To diagnose, I tried turning on packet sniffing and that "fixed" it immediately. The very second i turned on any packet sniffing, pings worked and the device could use the app or get to the config page through the web browser. The very second i turned off the packet capture, the continuous pings started failing. Oddly enough, i tested further with packet sniffing profiled for an address not even active on my network - it still had the same effect and "fixed" the problem.

Obviously, this is not a real fix. However, it should be a major clue as to what is wrong.

alexfarias
just joined

Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:24 pm

Hey everybody,

this solved my problem:
For the case of hosts with multiple network interfaces (regardless of whether physical or virtual), disable all of them except the one that faces the MikroTik router you want to connect to

greetings from Rio de Janeiro!

jamesDD
just joined

Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:48 am

Hey everybody,

this solved my problem:
For the case of hosts with multiple network interfaces (regardless of whether physical or virtual), disable all of them except the one that faces the MikroTik router you want to connect to

greetings from Rio de Janeiro!
Just ran into this problem -> This was the solution.