MikroTik App

visiongang
just joined
Topic Author

Phone number as hotspot login

Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:53 am

Hi everybody,
Can someone help me with this issue:
I have set up a hotspot for my router. I want a first time user to register with his phone number and other details. Then each time he wants to use the hotspot, all he has to do is use the phone number as password. The internet access lasts for 30minutes. After the 30 min, he logs in again

Redy321
just joined

Re: Phone number as hotspot login

Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:28 pm

It depends on what phone number you are using

JasonMay
just joined

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi, your best bet is to use mobile confirmation. In my opinion, this is the best thing there is, I have never had any problems with it, except for one. I didn’t want to show my number to other sites, because I’m doing business and it’s very dangerous for me. I decided to google what to do with this problem and came across this site VerifyWithSMS . And I immediately created several accounts on sites without showing my mobile phone, and I am very happy about that, because I finally solved my problem! :)
Last edited by JasonMay on Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:20 pm

Just add the phone number to mikrotiks userman as both username/password. And set the account for a 30min timeout.

Or use radius, same deal username/password as the phone number.
You could add a virtual AP and just have your mate login to the VAP with a WPA2 with just a phone number as the WPA2 password.
MTCNA
MIT, BIT,CERT IV Electronics.
ITIL