Community discussions

MikroTik App

JBoy
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik LHG LTE kik, RBLHGR&R11e-LTE Setup

Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:39 am

Hello All,
Complete newbie here to this all.. any help much appreciate!
Basicly purchased a new 4G MikroTik receiver. The issue is the setup...I can't find any info on how to configure the LTE signal to be increased? I run a test on mobile and get same results on this product. Any help would be great on how to increase the gains to get better speeds?

Thanks

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MikroTik LHG LTE kik, RBLHGR&R11e-LTE Setup

Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:01 am

Maybe you are already at provider's speed limit...

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:02 pm

Not necessarily with better signal levels you will get better speeds. It depends also of the available throughput of your provider cell antenna. If you stand up to 100m to the tower and do a speed test with your cellphone, it will be the maximum speed that you will reach. Speed depends of signal strength/quality, total throughput of the cell antenna (you can't know this) and the saturation of the antenna from other clients that are connected (neither you can know this).

Is the real limitation is the saturation and/or low speed limit of the tower, there is nothing to do. The only way to improve the speed is doing CA (carrier aggregation) with a Cat 6 or higher LTE module. The bad news is that this last, not always get good results.

Regards.

neutronlaser

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:24 pm

I get 1.5mbps on AT&T with very good signal

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:14 pm

I get 1.5mbps on AT&T with very good signal
So, you answered yourself. The signal is not the problem, is your ISP (Or the specific tower of your ISP).

Regards.