Community discussions

MikroTik App

rafaelholeva
just joined
Topic Author

(RouterOS 6.47.2) DHCP "defconf offering lease without success"

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:35 pm

Hello guys, I'm using mikrotik Version 6.47.2 stable hAP lite, in the following scenario.

MK hAP Lite dhcp (Bridge)> MK hAP Wireless TX (AP mode Brigde)> .................> WIreless RX in DD-WRT WR740N (Bridge mode (route)> LOCAL BRIDGE DHCP DISABLE> ETHERNET> WINDOWS 7 x64

DD-WRT (Masking Mac for machines) "more than one machine with same mac

I have the following problem when trying to assign with DHCP.

defconf offering lease 192.168.10.xxx for 00: 30: 18: xx: xx: xx to 10: FE: ED: xx: xx: xx without success

WHERE:
00: 30: 18: xx: xx: xx => REAL MAC OF THE MACHINE THAT IS REQUIRING DHCP

10: FE: ED: xx: xx: xx => MAC OF THE ROUTER DD-WRT WIRELESS INTERFACE

Before the update, I used version 6.38.7 successfully and did not have this problem of address distribution via dhcp via masking of mac, now after the upgrade to version 6.47.2 the machines can no longer obtain a valid address from DHCP, in mikrotik log appears the following message "efconf offering lease 192.168.10.xxx for 00: 30: 18: xx: xx: xx to 10: FE: ED: xx: xx: xx without success"

I've done everything to see if it solved the problem, I even assigned the wireless address of mikrotik on the mac-admin to the routerOS bridge, I also put DHCP in "autoritario = after 2s" and also in "autoritario = yes" " but without success! It seems that this problem is recurring in versions later than version 6.38.7 onwards.

I would like help from colleagues, if possible by an engineer from mikrotik, there are many users with the same DHCP problem offer without success waiting for a concrete statement of what is happening with the DHCP server in versions above 6.38.7

I have always used mac masking to manage my network and have never had problems with mikrotik's DHCP until updating to a new stable version 6.47.2.

What is the solution to my problem, I've tried everything, I'm here to ask for help from experts.

rafaelholeva
just joined
Topic Author

Re: (RouterOS 6.47.2) DHCP "defconf offering lease without success"

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:18 pm

Come on, no support from mikrotik for this problem? mikrotik is no longer giving priority to the little ones? Mikrotik was already more attentive and responsible to its consumers!

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 pm

1. This is Mikrotik "Users" forum, not Mikrotik support
2. If you connect device directly to Mikrotik router (Bypassing DD-WRT device) does it get DHCP, if so, then maybe go and scream on DD-WRT forum

rafaelholeva
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:30 pm

1. This is Mikrotik "Users" forum, not Mikrotik support
2. If you connect device directly to Mikrotik router (Bypassing DD-WRT device) does it get DHCP, if so, then maybe go and scream on DD-WRT forum
Hello my friend! Thanks for your help.
It is not a problem with DD-WRT, but with respect to some change that mikrotik made with respect to the DHCPv4 protocol. This DHCPv4 problem seems to be linked to devices that request an address through (Pseudo-mac), several IP addresses for the same mac.

gammy69er
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:10 am

I would say that your bridge is not configured correctly. if the First MAC does not Match the actual MAC - then the lease is being handed to the First MAC - and it is up to that device to relay it.

I have the same problem - and it is the "skywirelessconnect" unit that is the problem for me. Unit is a Wireless bridge that connects to the ethernet of a Sky Box. this unit does not run WDS - therefore is not trasparent - and this means that the Router cannot see the devices behind - and the Sky Box probably does not see the router (physically)

Ensuring WDS is enabled on your AP and Station would be the first step - however Mikrotik's implimentation of WDS is not 100% to standard... that being said, have never had a problem connecting UBNT devices to Mikrotik - as long as WDS is active.
If the DD-WRT router is in router mode and natting - then station mode without wds will be fine.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:38 am

1) WDS is not one standard, each manufacturer do what want.
2) The OP last access is 28 Oct 2020 and you bring up this topic for what?