Community discussions

MikroTik App

Vida
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with Queue Trees

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:43 am

I have been using simple queues for the last 12 months and i needed to implement queue trees because of its good bandwidth sharing capabilities. However i have implemented the trees and only the download queues work.

I have created the downlink queues by defining a main downlink queue whose parent is global out. Under this main queue are other sub-queues whose parent is the main downlink queue.As i said this is working perfectly.
The uplink queue also has a main uplink queue whose parent is global in, with no packet marks just like the main default downlink queue.But this doesnt work and so far i`ve tried so much including defining packet marks and all.

My aim is to define one parent that will serve other leaves. With simple queue i have realised that the bandwith is actually dedicated while i want to share.

Thanks and regards.

valens
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Problem with Queue Trees

Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 am

please submit your mangle and queue tree rules.

Vida
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Problem with Queue Trees

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:52 pm

The queue tree rule that i have created for uplink is as below:

name="UPLOAD" parent=global-in packet-mark="" limit-at=0 queue=default priority=8 max-limit=0 burst-limit=0 burst-threshold=0 burst-time=0s

I havent specified any packet marks as this is supposed to be the default uplink queue. Do you need more info?

Thanks.