Community discussions

MikroTik App

Kurtz
just joined
Topic Author

Vlans problem

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:01 pm

Hi,
I'm new to MikroTik world, but I have already configured a device some months ago without problems.
Now I have to configure a new hEXs RB760iGS v6.47.4 and I'm experiencing problems with vlan.
The design is very simple, configurations works and internet works too. But I'm not able to configure vlans.

The design is the following:
22.png
I have followed "Quick Set" and internet from management port is working fine.
I've read a lot of online documentation on vlan creation,I have created bride and vlans applied on it. But vlans from unify switch to router seems are not working.

Any help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Vlans problem

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:37 pm

If you have configured from quickset, then the config is probably hosed.
Suggest you reset to defaults and follow this post as the best reference.
viewtopic.php?t=143620
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!

Kurtz
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Vlans problem with UniFi switch

Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:01 am

Deleted quick configuration but still not able to make Vlan work between UniFi swicth and Mikrotik Router.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Post your latest config for viewing please.
/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish.

Unifi switches as I am finding out do not act like normal managed switches, perhaps they should be renamed UNIFI managed witches!!
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!

Kurtz
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi,

just found that even with HP switch does not work at all.
As already sayd:
Router model is RB760iGS
SFP module is:S-31DLC20D (I think is not suitable)

I have noticed now is that SFP and port1 are labeled as "internet" in front of the router.
Maybe this is the problem, I'm using a Internet interface as a LAN interface? And I think the sfp module is not correct.

tdw
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:36 pm

The text on the front of the Mikrotik is just text. The default configuration has port1 = WAN, ports 2-5 & SFP = LAN, but all can be reconfigured for any use.

I vaguely recall that the UniFi SFP+ ports have to be configured as 1000FDX to work with gigabit optics - you will have to temporarily connect the switch to your UniFi controller via one of the copper ports to change this.

Kurtz
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:57 am

The text on the front of the Mikrotik is just text. The default configuration has port1 = WAN, ports 2-5 & SFP = LAN, but all can be reconfigured for any use.

I vaguely recall that the UniFi SFP+ ports have to be configured as 1000FDX to work with gigabit optics - you will have to temporarily connect the switch to your UniFi controller via one of the copper ports to change this.
Hi,
I have already changed the port to 1000fdx (default was auto) and says link ok, but both switch that I tried (HP switch and Unify switch) does not blink at all.