Community discussions

MikroTik App

GuguiNEO
just joined
Topic Author

Help and orientation, hAP ac lite (RB952Ui-5ac2nd)

Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:19 am

First of all, thanks in advance for any help or orientation in my first steps using Mikrotik.

I bought this unit expecting to accomplish the following things on my network.
I live in Venezuela and right now the regime situation has worsen so much than we don’t even have regular electric power (shortages) and frequent internet blackouts, so I installed a power inverter and contracted another ISP to serve free internet to my home and neighborhood during those shortages.

I’m planning to use the router in this way, I don’t know if using this little unit is this possible:
Port1: WAN1 ISP1 dynamic IP, 5Mbps
Port2: WAN2 ISP2 dynamic IP, 3Mbps
Port3: Home network - connected to my old router CHANGED to AP (so dhcp servers come from mikrotik)
Port4: Wired PC not isolated from Port3 Home network
Port5: Isolated from my Home network as Hotspot - connected to an external OPEN Wireless Access point for offering free internet to my neighbors but just for 1 hour per day and just 512kbps for sharing in total.

Wireless ports: Secured WPA2 for my home network
Port1 and Port2 must have load balancing

I have already setup my Home network and the WAN1 ISP using the quickset script embedded on the router.
I have a fairly basic understanding on setting up networks, wiring and configuring basic devices like TP-LINKs and others. First time on REAL routers any help it’s highly appreciated. 🙏🏼 God Bless