Community discussions

MikroTik App

mudhoney
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with R11 getting on WAN (I guess?:)

Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:05 pm

Hi everyone.

Not that this issue is generally linked to sim cards, but after configuring that little Tik, I`m not getting out on WAN.
I can see the dhcp assigned an IP from my ISP, DNS servers are also glued to config. Shows up as "lte1 reachable" and running. I can see the Cell ID`s, Operator name, RSSI, uptime..all works.
I can go ping on google from terminal. And that ping wont go per-se, but it does resolve an IP address from google or any other site I try. Which means it`s getting out somehow.
I even have some TX/RX in Traffic of that interface, but I think those are just "I`m alive" packages jumping around.

But regular ping from terminal or an dhcp lan client is a no-go.

As far as Ive done before is, just plug the LTE USB in (on different models), wrap around NAT (masq) and thats`s it, router would go up online in a jiffy.

Firewall is trimmed as it should. I`v went raw logging on lte interface and everything looks pretty much alright.
SIM card is okay and loaded with traffic (tried with laptop and two USB LTE modems). Tried setting my ISP APN`s and some modem init`s Ive found around the internet, still same.
So why so many users have problems with this little thing? Is there something so basic that`s jumping over me or there`s a catch I`m not getting?
If anyone has any advice, I would be more than grateful for help (promise to buy chevaps once you land in Croatia, beer included:)

Thank you.
The Dude abides.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with R11 getting on WAN (I guess?:)

Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:55 pm

I do step-by-step that query.

Not that this issue is generally linked to sim cards, but after configuring that little Tik, I`m not getting out on WAN.
Means Default configruation give internet but YOUR own SETUP destroy internet ?

I can see the dhcp assigned an IP from my ISP, DNS servers are also glued to config. Shows up as "lte1 reachable" and running. I can see the Cell ID`s, Operator name, RSSI, uptime..all works.
This is confirmation that RouterOS connect to internet itself.

I can go ping on google from terminal.

And that ping wont go per-se, but it does resolve an IP address from google or any other site I try. Which means it`s getting out somehow.
What? What "go per-se" mean? Re-Write that.

I even have some TX/RX in Traffic of that interface, but I think those are just "I`m alive" packages jumping around.
I not know if your RB is in Router mode but if yes then you should have DHCP Server, End-PC should have you as they gateway and you by NAT should give them internet.

But regular ping from terminal or an dhcp lan client is a no-go.
You say ping from terminal works but not he not works.
Client cannot ping? what with tracert? You do a SNAT ? You use default config?

As far as Ive done before is, just plug the LTE USB in (on different models), wrap around NAT (masq) and thats`s it, router would go up online in a jiffy.
LTE USB in - why you mix few topics now ?
Yes, Masq=SNAT for LTE1 and LAN should give you internet but remember that some ISP must have change TTL, maybe you enter the limitation of DL some GB data and you are now limited by ISP...

Firewall is trimmed as it should. I`v went raw logging on lte interface and everything looks pretty much alright.
SIM card is okay and loaded with traffic (tried with laptop and two USB LTE modems). Tried setting my ISP APN`s and some modem init`s Ive found around the internet, still same.
You just now say that the same SIM with some USB modem have the same problem... this topic is so creazy.

So why so many users have problems with this little thing? Is there something so basic that`s jumping over me or there`s a catch I`m not getting?
If anyone has any advice, I would be more than grateful for help (promise to buy chevaps once you land in Croatia, beer included:)
Thank you.
Give exactly what RouterBoard you have.
Please give us the /export hide file=name.rsc; and share that file.
I guess that you have connection but your LAN not have the internet, the easier way is just reset to default and use QuickSet with LTE mode.
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
I will be at MUMEUROPE Prague on ?? ?? 202?