Community discussions

MikroTik App

wuthell
just joined
Topic Author

logging into any website doesn't work

Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:54 am

Just recently brought mikrotik router. Any site that requires me to log into the site with a user or password does not load. For example, if I go to amazon and click on "Sign In" then enter my username and password and click on Sign-In. The redirection doesn't load or is really slow. The same thing happens with google and even my work VPN from home.

I have a ASUS router. I'm using the mikrotik for the 10gb connect and am connecting it to the asus router. The mikrotik is currently setup as a bridge. Most of my home computers is currently using 1gb nic so that is why I'm keeping the ASUS router around as the main so that all my computers can see each other. I will evently change them all to spf+ but can't do that right now because of cost. The mikrotik is 8 spf+ 10gb ports and 1 cat port.

Here is my config

# oct/16/2020 16:30:28 by RouterOS 6.47.4
# software id = 7FD8-EH0E
#
# model = CRS309-1G-8S+
# serial number = CB790B2AB5E1
/interface bridge
add admin-mac=C4:AD:34:F2:C3:53 auto-mac=no comment=defconf name=bridge
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=flash/hotspot
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=ether1
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus1
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus2
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus3
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus4
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus5
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus6
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus7
add bridge=bridge comment=defconf interface=sfp-sfpplus8
/ip address
add address=192.168.88.1/24 comment=defconf interface=bridge network=\
/system clock
set time-zone-name=US/Pacific
/system routerboard settings
set boot-os=router-os

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: logging into any website doesn't work

Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:03 pm

So its ISP_Modem ----> ASUS router ------> MT (10gig)-------> other devices
If so, what IP structure does the ASUS for its private LANS, which the MT is on?
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!

wuthell
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Yes, that how it is for the computers with 10gb nics. The ASUS has DHCP Server with the IP pool of 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.240

bpwl
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:09 am

Any site that requires me to log into the site with a user or password does not load
The Mikrotik just acting as a switch, does not differentiate on traffic.
Does this happen also when connected directly to the Asus ?
Suspects are Asus (webfilters), and browser/client device settings for HTTPS, like time and date.

wuthell
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:59 pm

Everything is fine when I plug directly into ASUS router. Date and Tune is correct on all the devices.

bpwl
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:11 am

??????? I have no clue , but suspecting wired connections (SFP).
Is there any website that works fast when using the CRS309 ?
You might try site "speedtest.net" to compare both cases roughly.

wuthell
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:40 am

I've tried changing it to router instead of bridge. Created a bridge and added all the SFP ports to the bridge. Then added the bridge to a vlan. Setup a DHCP server for the bridge. Everything seems to work fine and it is fast. I just don't know how to make computers connected on the asus see the computers on the mikrotik since I'm not really a network guy and don't completely understand this. I was able to get the computers connect to mikrotik see the computers connected to the asus. I'm continuously messing with this. I pretty sure I not going to get help on the asus end on this forum to make this work out.

So, I don't think it is the wired connections on the SFP that is causing the issue since the above works fine. I was just thinking taht setting up the switch would have been much easier since I don't have to worry about them being on a different subnet and seeing each other.

bpwl
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 am

Your RouterOS version setup as you posted was using the RouterOS as a bridge.
The only thing that might be missing is the "hardware offloading" , so that the CRS309 is using the switch chip as it should.
(With default settings I don't know if the hw=yes should be visible in the config or not, as I don't have a CRS309)

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... Offloading
It looks like the "hw=yes" is missing in your config ! All is done by the CPU, and that is very slow in a CRS device.
Tick Hardware offload in every port of the bridge. There is also a letter H in the bridge port overview if the Hardware offload is used.
Klembord-2.jpg

Klembord-3.jpg
EDIT: On a hAP ac2 the default for Hardware Offloading is "yes". So it's not in the config file. This setting is not documented as parameter for "/interface bridge port" in the Wiki,(https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... t_Settings) so I can only guess what is default.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wuthell
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:08 am

After I restore my configuration to when it was using RouterOS as a bridge, from WinBox GUI the Hardware Offload is checked even though it does not not say so on the exported configuration. My guess is that it is on by default and would only show in the exported configuration if you turn it off.