Hello,
Full noob here :)

Router is RB44011iGS+RM
My network looks the following:
Port 1: WAN
Port2 : pc
Port6-7: 2 TP Link APs (EAP245)
Port 10: management port
For now i am trying to set up VLANs on the APs based of the article here : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620&sid=476fc76 ... 95c185b028
I've created the 10, 20, 30 and 99 VLANs etc.
Ports 6 and 7 are the only trunk ports(as i need VLANS mostly for wireless for now)
Issue is I seem to get on VLAN 30 when the traffic gets tagged as such but the AP itself does not register on the network and I have no access to it. So i mean things technically work but I have no control of the AP :)
My suspicion was its because trunk traffic needs to get tagged so I added the untagged thing to my 99 VLAN for test purposes and removed the Firewall tagged checks, but that does not help.

To start with how are you supposed to do this, say have 4 VLANS on an AP and a trunk on the router, but still be able to get the AP itself to register on the network as well.

Thank you for your help everyone!!!
routerEdited_v3_share.rsc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ooioioo on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB44011 VLANs issue

Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:39 pm

No worries, I will have a look!
I am going to assume you want all APs on the management network.
I will also assume that 10,20 are wifi related (guest iot devices etc) and 30 is home user related
Plus you contradict yourself APs on 6 ,7 then state 5,6 which is it LOL.

The EAPs need to be on the managment Base VLAN.............
NOT THIS
#/ip dhcp-server lease add address=10.0.30.2 client-id=1:60:32:b1:97:69:02 comment="tp link ap static ip" mac-address=60:32:B1:97:69:02 server=defconf

adjust these as shown
/interface bridge port
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether2]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether3]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether4]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether5]
#set bridge=BR1 ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged [find interface=ether6]
#set bridge=BR1 ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged [find interface=ether7]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether8]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether9]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=sfp-sfpplus1]
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!

ooioioo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:17 pm

No worries, I will have a look!
I am going to assume you want all APs on the management network.
I will also assume that 10,20 are wifi related (guest iot devices etc) and 30 is home user related
Plus you contradict yourself APs on 6 ,7 then state 5,6 which is it LOL.

The EAPs need to be on the managment Base VLAN.............
NOT THIS
#/ip dhcp-server lease add address=10.0.30.2 client-id=1:60:32:b1:97:69:02 comment="tp link ap static ip" mac-address=60:32:B1:97:69:02 server=defconf

adjust these as shown
/interface bridge port
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether2]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether3]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether4]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether5]
#set bridge=BR1 ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged [find interface=ether6]
#set bridge=BR1 ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged [find interface=ether7]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether8]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=ether9]
#set bridge=BR1 frame-types=admit-only-priority and untagged frames [find interface=sfp-sfpplus1]
1) trunks are the 6 and 7, sorry for confusion, i have fixed it in the original post
2) the static IP line was failing as such I commented it out with #, now as i think about it i should probably try it with a management network ip
3) all the frame type filters are commented out :) it still doesnt work :( even with no filters :(
3a) for 6 and 7 ingress-filtering=yes frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged i assume it work for the registered on wifi things but how would in this case the AP itselft get an IP

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:14 pm

I would hook up the AP directly to your PC, access it, and then set a static IP on it applicable to your base management VLAN.
Right down the mac address and IP of the AP, go into the router and statically assign it.

Add the ap to the appropriate port and done!
the tagged vlans will be recognized by the AP as you delineate the one or two wifi vlans you need.
The traffic to the AP itself will be coming on the base management VLAN but be untagged when it gets traffic from the router for it, and traffic from the AP itself will be tagged with the base vlan tag when it hits the router.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)
MTUNA Certified, by the Ascerbic Llama!