Community discussions

MikroTik App

alexgalbix
just joined
Topic Author

Internet access not available

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi all
I have a sxt lte6 modem router and since 2 days ago it will work fine.
Now it is 2 days that i am not able to access internet. It connects to the network but when i try to use it with a lan o wifi connection from pc it says that internet connection is not available. I checked the sim i used into another 4g modem and it works fine.
Could someone help me to figure out what is happening and how to solve it?
Thanks in advance
Alex

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Internet access not available

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Can you ping to 8.8.8.8 from the SXT?
Provide more detailed information pleace

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Is your SXT getting an address and a route from the provider?

alexgalbix
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Hi Plisken
i attached the image of the ping done with winbox.
I used an apn from the provider . Wind . APN= internet.it

alexgalbix
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:20 pm

ping sxt.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:24 pm

What happens, if you change timeout to some much larger number? I guess none of pings would get dropped but they would show pretty long RTTs. And I guess with long RTTs quite some services will fail.

BTW, even the "short" ping times (around 140ms) are quite long for 4G (LTE) connection, median ping times should rather be 30ms to 50ms. It's hard to tell why these times are so long though.
BR,
Metod

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 pm

Ping test is good to know "if" something is wrong, but gives no hint to "what" is wrong.
So what is the Cellular information of the LTE interface. And what is in the log as connection information?
Klembord-1.jpg
Your timeouts look more as for a 3G connection. (Did you disable 3G?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alexgalbix
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:40 pm

six.JPG
five.JPG

alexgalbix
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:44 pm

I have attached some pictures from winbox as requested.
I live in Italy in countryside and unfortunally any fiber, adsl cable is availabre . Only 4g from Wind is usefull but as i mentioned before since two days ago it has stopped to work.I called the provider and they say that there is nothing wrong in the cell .
Hope someone could drive me to a solution

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 pm

Signal strength (RSRP) is quite poor at around -110dBm, it can be considered cell edge. If it fades by only a few dB the connection between cell tower and your modrm can break (or block).

As it was working for you until a few days ago and if cell really works without any problem, then the only possibility is that your antenna got missaligned or that some water got into device (in the past) and is causing performance degradation. Or that cell itself has some issues but operator did not notice it (yet).
BR,
Metod

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:25 am

HI. I have no solution, and can only share my experience. (4 SXT LTE kits in France , 3 on SFR, 1 on Bouygues, given up on Free)

What your screenshots learn me:

MCC 222/ MNC 88 = Wind Telecomunicazioni SpA has a 4G / LTE / (Evolved 3G) band , and probably the next in the list is a 3G band.
You are connected to LTE (commercially called 4G, but not yet technical full 4G)
RSSI/RSRP/RSRQ not that easy to interpret: https://www.cablefree.net/wirelesstechn ... ement-lte/
"RSRP levels for usable signal typically range from about -75 dBm close in to an LTE cell site to -120 dBm at the edge of LTE coverage."

Your signal is not very strong for an SXT device. I hope you can still set it outside in the best possible position and direction.
It's not easy to find the exact tower just using the ID values on the operators maps. https://lteitaly.it/ , https://italianviaggio.com/mobile-sim-n ... t-for-you/
But with those maps I was able to identify the tower we use most, by its antenna direction and freq band used, and could aim the SXT's accordingly.
It is i WIND who decides which tower is serving you. But you can sometimes steer this with the allowed bands (and also cell lock, something I didn't try yet)
With a too low signal the connection can fall back to 3G. (Something you can disable for LTE1 in the General setting under "Bands".)

Round trip delay for Evolved 3G (LTE) should be around 30 - 40 ms. But if the 4G network is congested it can go up to above 1000 ms.(Something we have strongly with SFR in juli/august, and much less with Bouygues as provider, but who has stopped selling high quota subscriptions for that region.) Some ISP's just overbook their capacity too much. "Free" on the other hand checks the IMEI, and if it is not one of their smartphones, just trim the quota to 3 GB/month.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:22 am

Hope someone could drive me to a solution
Your QuickSet not have options to share Internet to your local computers in LAN.

Next, you have connected lte1, good or not this is differ stuff.
You should first start logging and monitor changes in your towers/cells (Sector antennas).
Check this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155945&p=821262#p821047

Next, you should run a Cell Monitor and move antennas slowly at all possible directions.
You can do that at one direction you think is the best and then correct it base at signal strong, good is a MikroTik mobile app.
This should grab all possible phy-cellid (pci) at specific bands.
Next you can do a Cell Lock at that who have best rsrp and check results RSRP & CQI & SpeedTest.
Then you will know what you have around you, what Towers (eNB) have what Bands and what Bands/Tower have the best speed.
Result give you proper connection.
I show you the idea.
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
I will be at MUMEUROPE Prague on ?? ?? 202?

aesmith
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:49 pm

It's not perfect but you can find data on your mast here, seaching by the mast ID (210070)
https://www.cellmapper.net/map?MCC=222& ... lours=true

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:36 am

@aesmith : very interesting map. All ID numbers are there for me and do match the SXT values.
However the location on the map itself is wrong (5 km) , compared to the ANFR and other maps in France.

But for OP, the Current Cell ID 53777928 is not on the map.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:22 pm

bpwl
the Current Cell ID 53777928 is not on the map.
Because the best way is record the new towers itself via phone with all bands.
To do that we must do a circle around Tower - by car or drone :).
Few circle around Tower because Cell Mapper phone app register mostly one band.. and we cannot in 99% lock specific bands at phones.

Of course LHGR / LDFR with Cell Lock and moving antenna from side to side,we can lock a tower location.
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
I will be at MUMEUROPE Prague on ?? ?? 202?

alexgalbix
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks to all for your replaies