Community discussions

MikroTik App

alkampfer
just joined
Topic Author

Ipv6 in WinBox or WebFig

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:31 pm

Hi,

I know that I can set everything regards ipv6 directly with the command line, but I'd like to have a Graphical interface in WebFig or WinBox. I'm running latest version of firmware but I cannot find anything regarding ipv6 in graphical interface. My model is Mikrotik hEX S Ethernet

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Ipv6 in WinBox or WebFig

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:36 pm

System->Packages, enable ipv6, reboot.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply. Not intended as incentive for masochists.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:55 pm

As ipv6 package is not part of basic bundle, you may have to install it first - download "extra packages" from download.mikrotik.com (be sure to select correct CPU architecture, probably it's mmips, and version which is exactly the same as the one running on your router), extract the ipv6-*.npk, upload it to router (to non-volatile storage, could be under /flash) and reboot the router.

After you enable/install the package, it will come without any configuration what so ever ... that includes firewall filter. The best approach at populating it is to list default configuration using /system default-configuration print ... but that only works in command line. Be sure to make terminal as wide as possible, wide config lines don't get wrapped, they are truncated. Scroll down until you reach /ipv6 firewall and copy-paste the whole section:
/ipv6 firewall {
}
(ends with closing curly brace). On my router (running ROS 6.47.1) section which follows ipv6 is [/i]/ip neighbor discovery-settings[/i]. Run the copied section on command line which should set IPv6 firewall with default settings. The rest (address, ...) is then up to you ... using GUI. Some potential firewall changes can be done via GUI as well.
BR,
Metod

alkampfer
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:32 am

Thanks a lot and sorry for the newbie question :)

Gian Maria.