Shinkingsley
just joined
Topic Author

Question about CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+PC

Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi Everyone
I’m interested in that one: https://mikrotik.com/product/CCR1009-7G-1C-1SplusPC
and i have 2 amateur questions :
1. Can i use and configure the SFP+ port for Wan ( connect directly to internet ) and the SFP for Lan ( to my switch ) ?
2. Is that easy to unplug the LCD screen pin connector with the mainboard ? I’m really don’t want to use that but i’m not a technician, just an end user.

Thank you guys in advance

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Question about CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+PC

Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm

The answer to the first question.
Everything depends on the capabilities of the ISP.
Can you connect directly to an SFP on the modem of your ISP?
On Mikrotik you can connect with PPPoE or a DHCP client ore with a static IP-adres.
The second question, you can turn off the LCD function.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Question about CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+PC

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Good question. I have not been able to and that is with two different providers fiber 1gig up/down or plain cable 100 down 30 up.
I didnt try with the sfp port just the spf+ port. The sfp ports work fine on the rest of the LAN to other SFP devices with both unifi and MT rj45 cages.
Note I was using the MT spf+ port rj45 cage (not fiber connections), as both lines coming from modems are ethernet.

I put in a ticket with MT in Septemberish time frame and provided data and have heard nothing.
In other words, I would buy only if you have a return the product path at no charge - assuming this is a critical function for your, for me its more of playing around.