Community discussions

MikroTik App

damianekp321
just joined
Topic Author

LHG 4G Kit- cannot reach IP/ Internet

Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello,

I just bought anetnna LHG 4G Kit, but it looks like is not working for me.
I don't know if this is something with device itself, or Im doing something wrong.

I'll explain the steps I did, so maybe will be easier to find the error.

1. I connect the device and insert the sim card - PWR - blue, ETH- blinking - rest no lights.
I was able to reach 192.168.88, trying to setup fallowing some instruction- still no internet so I decided to reset to default settings.

2. I found that the card I was using was incorrect- change for other: PWR- blue, ETH- blinging, USR- blank, LTE- stable green.
My girfriend mention that since begginig there was no internet and she just change the password and fallowing some YT tutorial she change some configuration. Since then I'm not able to reach: 192.168.88.1 through the browser or windbox (macaddress also).

When I'm holdin reset button for 30sec, 1min, 2min nothing happens.
I turn off the firewall and reseat my network setting- same, still im not able to reach. I also tried to connect through other laptops- no help.

I don't know what else should I do.
Any advice, help is more then walcome :)

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG 4G Kit- cannot reach IP/ Internet  [SOLVED]

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:45 am

You should do a reset procedure and try use WinBox app to connect via Mac-Address if default addressation not work.
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... esetbutton
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
At vacation until 15.jan.2021

damianekp321
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LHG 4G Kit- cannot reach IP/ Internet

Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:50 am

At first I thought that I already perfrom reboot in correct way.
Even when I was reading manual about the rebooting it wasn't help.
I just saw some YT guide how to reboot properly.
What is strange now I even have internet, earlier I had nothing.
Now is the time to look for configuration.

Thank you @SiB at least you make me look "deeper" in the correct way.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Check your firmware version of LTE MODULE.
Latest should be v9:
  • R11e-LTE12 (EG12-EA) EG12EAPAR01A06M4G
  • R11e-LTE6 v026 (12.11.2020)
  • R11e-LTE MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v018
  • R11e-LTE-4G v9
  • R11e-LTE-US v16.02.183961
  • SXT LTE 3-7 |-> chip:2.0 fw:0.1.2.4
Documentation and howto update: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... re_upgrade
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software

damianekp321
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:09 am

Hello,

I actually believe that I do some upgrade of device but cannot check currently the steps you provide me.
Unfortunetely I had again some problem with connection.

Antenna was bought on purpose to attach it in place where is weak signal thats why earlier it was tested only in place with full signal.

I dont want to creat a new post, so maybe you will able to help me.

At this moment I had an issue with network.
Just to be clear I'm currently in Philippines, network speed is not the fastest in the world, but I hope with this antenna could get at least 5MBps or at least some stable speed.
We just attached the antenna on over 10meter bamboo stick, sim card was attached correctly. (earlier this sim card was tested in small city area and was working) and when we tried to check if there is any connection- nothing . We decide to wait a bit and then we were able to see green lights from LTE and still not network. when I plug it to my laptop.

Maybe I'll give up, but around 50meters away from our place there is a simple PLDT prepaid WiFi router which is attached on 5meter bamboo stick and is giving an internet.
Can you give me an advice, what should I do or what could help?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:47 am

Few stuff...

https://www.cellmapper.net and try check where you bts are... direction
https://link.ui.com this help you create a "view" with fresnel zone and if you have or not option to connect.
You can try run a Cell Monitor and try "search any cell in air" to some detection.

and bamboo... is moving or stay solid :) long distance should have solid mounting.

damianekp321
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:30 pm

Hello,

I have to update, but for me these are not good news.
So I contacted (or my girlfriend) with one of the mikrotik consultant in my current area.
He mention that this device won't work in my area.
He advice to buy some other model of mikrotik (don't remember which one) or huawei black mamba as its covering more bands.
The closest antenna (around 5km) have bands 1 and 28.
In City where I was testing 1, 3 and 28.
Mikrotik lgh 4g kit is supporting bands 3, 7, 20, 31, 41n, 42 and 43 :(

As I'm living in Philippines and I'll need a backup Internet any router for sim card will be good (I'm taking the antenna with me).
I would like for ask for one more advice.

Later on when I'll move out from this area to place with better signal its point of using the Mikrotik antenna and then connect it to the huawei black mamba?