Community discussions

MikroTik App

nixmd
just joined
Topic Author

Setting to NOT connect automatically on boot

Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:45 am

I've a LHG XL HP5 and I need to set some configurations that prevents automatic connection to wireless AP or PPPoE after powering on or booting up. What I want is to manually connect to wireless AP or PPPoE using Webfig after powering device on

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Setting to NOT connect automatically on boot

Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:27 pm

You can set the interface in question to disabled=yes ... this will disable the interface immediately, but will stay disabled after reboot ... until you manually enable it again. Just make sure you don't disable interface you need for management access ...
BR,
Metod

nixmd
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:02 pm

You can set the interface in question to disabled=yes ... this will disable the interface immediately, but will stay disabled after reboot ... until you manually enable it again. Just make sure you don't disable interface you need for management access ...
Hi mkx,
This is not what I'm looking for. What I want to achieve is like a simple login rule. Just after powering on device it is disconnected unless administrator connects it manually and device is connected to the AP until administrator disconnects it manually or power it off or reboot it. Administrator doesn't always disconnect device after use and it may be disconnected anytime without any notification, so the next time device is powered on, it should be disconnected.
Why this feature is important? It can prevent unauthorized person to sneak into defined network by disconnecting ethernet cable from antenna and connecting their own cable to it.

xvo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:12 pm

You can create a scheduler script that will run at boot and disable interfaces in question (or do anything else you need).